The Piatt County Board Welcomes You.
The Piatt County Board is the legislative body of Piatt County Government. It is comprised of six elected members, two each from three districts within the County. The district boundaries are adjusted according to current census information.
The Board meets monthly on the second Wednesday of the month, unless otherwise posted. The Board members also sit on a number of committees that report and recommend to the board. Please select the "Committees" tab in the menu for more information on individual committees. Select the "Meetings" tab for meeting schedules, agendas and minutes
Duties of the Piatt County Board
- Determine Real Estate Tax Levies.
- Determine other local taxes.
- Set the budget for all County offices
- Interact with Federal, State, and other local government entities.
- Appoint department heads for offices not run by elected officials.
- Conduct business not assigned to specific departments.
- Negotiate labor and insurance contracts.
- Enter into contractual agreements on the county's behalf.
- Adopt County Ordinances and Resolutions
- Appoint committee members
- And several others...