Piatt County Supervisor of Assessments
The Office of the Supervisor of Assessments was created by state law to provide statistical assessment performance data to the Illinois Department of Revenue. It is the responsibility of the county's township assessors to assess the properties in their jurisdictions. Sales information is compiled from the transfer declarations recorded in the County Clerk's office. Property record cards are available for each property in the County. Aerial maps are maintained in the office. There are approximately 11,306 parcels in Piatt County at this time. The office administers the following exemptions:
Click on a highlighted exemption for a printable form. Pdf Reader required
PLEASE NOTE: All forms, including "Name/Address Change", must be mailed or delivered to our office in person. Faxes will not be accepted.
- General Homestead Exemption-$6,000 exemption available for residential property that is occupied by the owners as their principal residence.
- Senior Citizen Homestead Exemption-$5,000 exemption for qualified senior citizens 65 years of age & over. Home is owned and occupied by a senior.
- Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze Exemption-Resident must be 65 years of age or older and a household income of $65,000 or less.
- Disabled Veterans Standard Exemption-Have a service connected disability. Percentage of disability determines the amount of the exemption.
- Returning Veterans Exemption-A one-time exemption to qualifying veterans that return from active duty in an armed conflict. Must file an application upon return home.
- Disabled Persons Homestead Exemption-$2,000 exemption to those that qualify. Class 2 disabilities ID card obtained from the DMV or proof of disability benefits to qualify.
- Application for Non-homestead Property Tax Exemption-
- Application for Hospital Property Tax Exemption-
- Application for Religious Property Tax Exemption-
- Name/Address Change.Note: If submitting by mail, form must be notarized or a copy of your driver's license must be enclosed.
- Piatt County Board of Review Rules & Procedures
- Property Assessment and Equalization: A publication of the Illinois Department of Revenue.
- USDA Historic Aerial Photography: Information on the United States Department of Agriculture's Farm Service Agency aerial photography program.
Additional forms and documents
Duties of the Supervisor of Assessment:
- Holds annual meeting with Township "Assessors
- Serves as chairperson of the Farmland Committee
- Clerk of Board of Review
- Equalize assessments by township
- Publish assessment changes for each township
- Mail notice of Assessment Changes for each township
- Files assessment exemptions when property owner meets qualifications
- Maintains an up-to-date property record card system, which lists property index number (pin), legal description, and owner's name, class of property and assessment information.
Supervisor of Assessments
Piatt County Courthouse
101 W. Washington, Room 102
Monticello, IL 61856